- Carsten Höltkemeyer becomes Executive Chairman of the Board of the auxmoney Group; Denis Hall now heads the Board’s Risk Committee
- A newly established Strategic Advisory Council (SAC) composed of Payal Jain, Jürgen Lieberknecht, Frank Mattern and Axel Wieandt gives auxmoney additional financial expertise and will broaden its international business network
- These appointments mark the latest important milestone on auxmoney’s growth trajectory, following the €150 million capital raise led by Centerbridge and the BNPP financing partnership in 2020
Düsseldorf, 12 February 2021 – auxmoney, Europe’s leading digital-lending platform for consumer credit, has appointed Carsten Höltkemeyer, the former CEO of Barclaycard Germany, as Executive Chairman of its Board. In addition, Denis Hall, the former Global Consumer Chief Risk Officer at GE Capital, will strengthen the Board as Chair of its Risk Committee – a function he continues to hold at leading European banks Cembra in Switzerland and Moneta in Czech Republic.
Moreover, a newly established Strategic Advisory Council (SAC) comprising well-known financial services experts will also support auxmoney. The SAC will contribute further industry expertise as well as a strong national and international network. Its members are:
- Payal Jain, former Managing Director of Strategic Analytics at Barclaycard, currently a Managing Director at JCURV and Chair of Women in Data
- Jürgen Lieberknecht, former board member at Targobank responsible for the private client business
- Frank Mattern, former Managing Partner of McKinsey in Germany and an acknowledged banking expert
- Axel Wieandt, formerly Head of Corporate Development and Corporate Investments at Deutsche Bank as well as CEO of Hypo Real Estate and Valovis Bank, an early investor and long-term independent board member of auxmoney
“The appointment of these experienced Board and SAC members with proven financial markets expertise is another key step to support our growth trajectory. In 2020, we achieved two important milestones, having completed a major funding round for the company and signed a partnership with BNP to provide finance for our credit platform”, Raffael Johnen, auxmoney’s CEO and co-founder stated.
Working closely with the Executive Board, the new SAC members will support management with strategic and operational advice and contribute their broad, international network. Johnen continued, “Disruption of the finance industry is in full swing, with fintechs providing better solutions for more people by leveraging data and technology. We will resolutely continue on this path.”
Carsten Höltkemeyer, the new Executive Chairman of the Board, said:
“auxmoney ranks among the most innovative companies in the European lending business. Raffael Johnen’s team has built a business that is setting new standards in lending by using digital technology and intelligent data analysis. I especially look forward to working with management on auxmoney’s continued upward track.”
And Denis Hall added:
“Over many years, auxmoney has demonstrated their ability to enable effortless credit at scale in an inclusive way. At the same time, the auxmoney asset class is being validated in the current crisis. The robust and predictable loan performance is what appeals to funding providers, particularly in this environment of low interest rates.”
On behalf of the SAC, Frank Mattern said:
“Digitalisation of the financial market has accelerated dramatically during the pandemic. All banks have now recognised the urgent need to resolutely transform their business. Fintechs are showing in impressive fashion that digital technology facilitates better products for more people. They are innovation drivers and key partners for banks – auxmoney is the best example of that.”
auxmoney ist eine führende digitale Plattform für Privatkredite in Europa. Durch einzigartige Risikomodelle und digitale Prozesse ist auxmoney in der Lage, mehr Menschen Zugang zu Kredit zu ermöglichen. auxmoney ist ein Vorreiter zur Förderung finanzieller Teilhabe.